12 months ago
Podcast for March 26 Shows
On Saturday, March 26, This is Hell! aired a live four hour show.
We are still experiencing technical difficulties which keep us from having live guests. However, this week we did have live contributions from irregular correspondents. Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host, Chuck Mertz, also had a special guest sitting in on the entire broadcast: the proprietor of Cary’s Lounge, 2251 West Devon, Pete Valavanis.
Why Pete? Why the hell not!
This week, we be played interviews featuring:
- the editor of the Progressive, Matthew Rothschild from Madison on the protests against Governor Scott Walker’s budget proposals.
- Richard Wolff is professor of economics emeritus at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and is currently a visiting professor in the graduate program in international affairs of the New School University in New York. We spoke with Richard about his recent writing, “Bonuses for bankers, bankruptcy for public services,” “The myth of ‘American exceptionalism’ implodes,” and “2011: calling time on capitalism.”
Our irregular correspondents were:
- ‘Our Man in Hungary’ Todd Williams reported live from Budapest
- Dan ‘The Auto Man’ Litchfield talked transportation and energy
- Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth.