Epsiode #703: Podcast for July 28, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012, This is Hell! aired a live, completely unedited and uninterrupted four hour show at 9 AM (US central) on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM, streaming live and podcast here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed …
- live from Dusseldorf, Annie Machon is a former intelligence officer in the UK’s MI5 Security Service (the US counterpart is the FBI), Annie just co-wrote an article with past This is Hell! guest Ray McGovern, a former US Army Intelligence officer and CIA analyst. The story’s entitled, “Will Downing St. Memo Recur on Iran?“
- Kristen Gwynne covers drugs at AlterNet. Kristen is a graduate of New York University where she earned degrees in both journalism and psychology. Her most recent writing includes, “Racial Tensions and Questionable Killings by Police in Anaheim: 9 Things You Should Know.”
- Guardian columnist Michael Cohen is author of, “Live from the Campaign Trail: The Greatest Presidential Campaign Speeches of the 20th Century and How They Shaped Modern America.” Michael’s a fellow of the Century Foundation. His most recent writing at The Guardian includes, “America rots from the inside, while overreacting to threats from outside.” You can follow him on twitter @speechboy71
Our irregular correspondents were …
- live from London, David Skalinder gave ‘The View from the Agile Left,’ from the 2012 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games of the XXX Olympiad, hosted by the gracious subjects of Her Britannic Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her other Realms and Territories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
- Elvis DeMorrow told us what’s he found out about the Aurora shootings in the Konspiracy Korner.
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth
Alex Jerri and Richard Norwood produced this mroning’s show.