2 days ago
Podcast for July 9, 2011 Shows
Saturday, July 9, 2011, This is Hell! aired a live, completely unedited and uninterrupted, four hour radio show broadcast over-the-air on Chicago’s Sound Experiment, WNUR 89.3FM, streaming live and podcast shortly after here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed:
- Greg Muttitt former co-director of the UK group Platform, a group that fosters an interdisciplinary approach to social and environmental justice. Greg is the author of the new book, “Fuel on the Fire: Oil and Politics in Occupied Iraq” (Bodley Head) which past This is Hell! guest Naomi Klein called, “nothing short of a secret history of the war.” Greg’s new book investigates the occupying powers intention to return Iraq’s oil industry to multinational companies and the Iraqis determination to keep production in the public sector. Unlike previous books on oil, Iraq and the war, Greg’s book looks into what has happened since 2003.
- Andy Kroll is a reporter in the Washington, DC bureau of Mother Jones magazine, and an associate editor at TomDispatch. Andy’s most recent writing includes, “What We Don’t Talk About When We Talk About Jobs: How racism, global economics, and the new Jim Crow fuel Black America’s crippling jobs crisis.”
- Glenn Carle served twenty-three years in the CIA’s Clandestine Services, working in a number of overseas posts on four continents and in Washington, DC. Glenn has worked on terrorism issues at various times since the mid-1980s and has worked extensively on Balkan, Central American, and European political, security, and economic issues. He retired in March 2007 as Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Transnational Threats, on the National Intelligence Council, where his office was responsible for strategic analysis of terrorism, international organized crime, and narcotics issues. He is the author of the new book, “The Interrogator: An Education” (Nation Books).
Our irregular correspondents will be:
- live from Baltimore, Kevan ‘The Radical Pessimist’ Harris gave us a piece of his mind
- live from San Francisco, Elvis DeMorrow toldus what’s happening in the Konspiracy Korner
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth