3 weeks ago
Podcast for Saturday, July 2, 2011 Shows
This is Hell! is broadcast live for four hours every Saturday morning, beginning at 9AM (US central) over the air on Chicago’s Sound Experiment, WNUR 89.3FM, streaming and podcast here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed:
- Noam Chomsky is Institute Professor (retired) at MIT. Noam is the author of many books and articles on international affairs and social-political issues, and a long-time participant in activist movements. His most recent book is, “Gaza in Crisis: Reflections on Israel’s War Against the Palestinians” (Haymarket Books) which he wrote with past This is Hell! guest Ilan Pappe.
- Guardian environmental writer John Vidal whose most recent writing includes, “Fukushima spin was Orwellian”
- Alternet’s Joshua Holland who posted the column, “With Republicans Caught Between Wall Street and the Tea Party, Dems Just Might Win the Debt Ceiling Standoff,” today
- Dr. Chris Fichtner is a psychiatrist who has clinical and administrative public mental health experience in federal, state and county systems including serving as state mental health director for Illinois from 2003 to 2005. Chris is a Fellow of the American College of Physician Executives and holds a volunteer faculty appointment at Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. He is the author of “Cannabinomics: The Marijuana Poilicy Tipping Point” (Well Mind Books).
Our irregular correspondents were:
- Danny Muller gave us a Wasted Energy Report live from Portland, Maine
- David Skalinder gave a ‘Back in Blighty’ report
- Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth live from Los Angeles.