4 months ago
Podcast for June 4, 2011 Shows
Saturday, June 4, 2011, This is Hell! aired a live four hour broadcast beginning at 9 AM (US central) on WNUR 89.3 FM, Chicago’s Sound Experiment..
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed
- Molly Molloy is a research librarian at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces and co-author of the new book, “El Sicario: The Autobiography of a Mexican Assassin” (Nation Books) Molly’s co-author is past This is Hell! guest Charles Bowden.
- live from Sana’a, Abdul Ghani Al-Eryani is a founding member of the Democratic Awakening Movement in Yemen.
- Deepak Tripathi is a former BBC journalist who set up their Kabul office in the early 1990s and was the resident correspondent. Deepak has reported from Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Syria as well. He is the author of, “Breeding Ground: Afghanistan and the Origins of Islamist Terrorism” (Potomac Books).
- Robert Parry broke many of the Iran-Contra stories in the 1980s for the Associated Press and Newsweek. His latest book, “Neck Deep: The Disastrous Presidency of George W. Bush,” was written with two of his sons, and past This is Hell! guests, Sam and Nat, and can be ordered at neckdeepbook.com. His two previous books, “Secrecy & Privilege: The Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq” and “Lost History: Contras, Cocaine, the Press & ‘Project Truth’” are also available there. His most recent writing at Consortiumnews.com is entitled, “Making the US Economy ‘Scream’,” and “The Mysterious Robert Gates.”
Our irregular correspondents were:
- live from Hungary, ‘Our Man in Budapest’ Todd Williams
- live in-studio, irregular correspondent John K. Wilson is the author of the new book, “The Most Dangerous Man in America: Rush Limbaugh’s Assault on Reason.”
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivers a Moment of Truth