10 months ago
Episode #699: Podcast for June 30, 2012 Shows
Saturday, June 30, 2012, This is Hell! aired a live, completely unedited and uninterrupted four hour show at 9 AM (US central) on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed …
- Rajiv Chandrasekaran is an assistant managing editor of The Washington Post and currently heads the Post’s continuous news department, which provides breaking news stories to the paper’s Web site. Rajiv was the Post’s Baghdad bureau chief before, during, and after the war. Previously he served as Cairo bureau chief and Southeast Asia correspondent. He also covered the war in Afghanistan. He has served as the journalist in residence at the International Reporting Project at the Johns Hopkins School for Advanced International Studies in Washington, and as a public policy scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center. His new book is,
“Little America: The War Within the War for Afghanistan” (Knopf)
- Noam Chomsky makes his ninth appearance on This is Hell! dating back to September 1, 2001. Noam has a new book out, “Occupy” (Zuccotti Park Press).
- James Fallows is a national correspondent for The Atlantic where he has been writing for 30 years. James has been a finalist for the National Magazine Award five times, winning once. He has also won the American Book Award for nonfiction and a N.Y. Emmy award for the documentary series, “Doing Business in China.” He once worked as President Carter’s chief speechwriter. He was the founding chairman of the New America Foundation. He is currently the chair in U.S. media at the US Studies Centre at the University of Sydney, in Australia. His latest book is, “China Airborne” (Pantheon).
Our irregular correspondents were …
- live from Ireland, ‘Our Man in Dublin’ Will Lynch
- live in-studio, Michael Roper, the proprietor of The Hopleaf, 5148 North Clark.
- live from Gaza, Danny Mullergave a Wasted Energy Report.
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth.