3 days ago
Episode #696: Podcast for June 9, 2012 Shows
Saturday, June 9, 2012, This is Hell! aired a live, completely unedited and uninterrupted four hour broadcast on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM, streaming live then podcast shortly after our over-the-air broadcast here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed …
- Saqib Bhatti is author of the report, “Riding the Gravy Train: How Wall Street is Bankrupting Our Public Transit Agencies by Profiteering off Toxic Swap Deals.” The website for the report can be found at refundtransit.org/. Saqib is a Senior Research Analyst at Service Employees International Union. He is currently on sabbatical from his work with the Leadership Center for the Common Good. However, this report is part of his work with Common Good.
- Andrew Gavin Marshall is an independent researcher and writer based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Andrew is Project Manager of The People’s Book Project. He also hosts a weekly podcast, “Empire, Power, and People,” on BoilingFrogsPost.com. His most recent writing includes, “10 Things You Should Know About the Quebec Student Movement.”
- Doug Henwood, editor and publisher of Left Business Observer. Doug’s most recent writing includes, “Walker’s victory, un-sugar-coated.”
- Wayne Getz is co-author of the new paper, “Approaching a state shift in Earth’s biosphere,” which has been published by Nature. The paper concludes that a “tipping point” where the Earth goes into a swift, irreversible, potentially cataclysmic change could happen this century, possibly “within just a few generations.” Wayne is a professor in the Department of Environmental Science Policy andManagement at the University of California at Berkeley.
Our irregular correspondents were …
- Dan ‘The Auto Man’ Litchfield talked car
- live from New York, Elvis DeMorrow told us what’s happening in the Konspiracy Korner.