12 months ago
Episode #695: Podcast for May 26, 2012 Shows
This is Hell! aired a live, completely unedited and uninterrupted four hour broadcast beginning at 9 AM (US central) on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM, streaming live here and podcast shortly after our over-the-air broadcast.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz will interviewed …
- Vijay Prashad is the George and Martha Kellner Chair in South Asian History at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut. Vijay is author of the new book, “Uncle Swami: South Asians in America Today” (New Press). He is also the author of, “The Darker Nations: A People’s History of the Third World,” (New Press) which was chosen as a Best Nonfiction Book of the Year by the Asian American Writers’ Workshop and won the Muzaffar Ahmad Book Prize.
- Muhammad Sahimi is a chemical engineering professor at the University of Southern California and lead political columnist for the website PBS/Frontline/Tehran Bureau. Muhammad just wrote the piece “Intervention Proponents Try to Scuttle Nuclear Talks with Iran.”
- Dana Frank is a professor of History at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and the author of, “Bananeras: Women Transforming the Banana Unions of Latin America” (South End Press). Dana is currently writing a book about the AFL-CIO’s cold war intervention in the Honduran labor movement. We discussed her recent writing at The Nation including, “Honduras: Which Side Is the US On?” and “Honduras in Flames.”
Our irregular correspondents will be …
- live from London, it’s David Skalinder and ‘The Agitated Left
- ‘Spencer “Thunderball” Thayer share his eyewitness report on last weekend’s NATO protests here in Chicago
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivers a Moment of Truth.