6 days ago
Episode #686: Podcast for March 24, 2012 Shows
Saturday, March 24, 2012, This is Hell! aired a live and completely uninterrupted and unedited four hour broadcast beginning at 9 AM (US central) on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM, streaming live and podcast shortly after here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed …
- Richard Wolff is Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Richard is currently a Visiting Professor in the Graduate Program in International Affairs of the New School University, New York City. He also teaches classes regularly at the Brecht Forum in Manhattan. He’s the author of, “Capitalism Hits the Fan: The Global Economic Meltdown and What to Do About It,” and this year will release three books including, “Occupy the Economy: Challenging Capitalism,” with David Barsamian (City Lights Books), “Contending Economic Theories: Neoclassical, Keynesian, and Marxian,” with Stephen Resnick (MIT University Press), and “Democracy at Work” (Haymarket Books). He also hosts a weekly hour-long radio program, “Economic Update,” on New York’s WBAI, 99.5 FM. You can find Richard’s writing regularly at The Guardian, Truthout, and the Monthly Review.
- Michael Klare is author of, “The Race For What’s Left: The global Scramble for the World’s Last Resources” (Metropolitan Books). Michael is a contributor to Current History, Foreign Affairs and the Los Angeles Times, defense correspondent for The Nation and director of the Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies at Hampshire College.
- Ian Angus is the author of, “Too Many People?: Population, Immigration, and the Environmental Crisis” (Haymarket Press). Ian’s previous books include, “Canadian Bolsheviks and The Global Fight for Climate Justice” (Trafford Publishing). Angus is the founder and director of Socialist History Project. He is Coordinating Committee Member of Ecosocialist International Network and is a member of Canadian Dimension editorial collective. He is editor of Climate and Capitalism, an online journal focusing on capitalism, climate change, and the ecosocialist alternative. He is the editor of The Global Fight for Climate Justice.
This Saturday’s irregular correspondents were …
- live from London, David “The Cynical Optimist” Skalinder returned – and said goodbye to the ‘Cynical Optimist’
- live in-studio, John K. Wilson is the author of, “The Most Dangerous Man in America: Rush Limbaugh’s Assault on Reason.”
- and Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth live from Los Angeles.