7 days ago
Episode #704: Podcast for August 4, 2012 Shows
Saturday, August 4, 2012, This is Hell! aired our inaugural Summer Boat Party Special live from the SS Merkin which was anchored offshore in Lake Michigan.
As always, This is Hell! aired a completely unedited and uninterrupted four hour show at 9 AM (US central) broadcast and streaming live on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM, and podcast here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz celebrated summer with irregular correspondents …
- live from Puerto Rico, ‘Our Man in San Juan’ Dave Buchen talked about the island’s referendum to limit bail rights. Dave’s doing one of those Kickstarter things to raise money for an incredible art project he’s creating. Go here and find out how you can help.
- live from Rome, ‘Our Man in Budapest’ Todd Williams, gave his first report from Italy
- live from South Jersey, Susan Kang is an Assistant Professor of Political Science at the John Jay School of Criminal Justice in the City University of New York who was a member of the Occupy Wall Street Demands Working Group. She is the author of the new book, “Human Rights and Labor Solidarity: Trade Unions in the Global Economy” (University of Pennsylvania Press)
- live in-studio, John K. Wilson is co-editor of the Academe blog at Illinois Academe where he is an editor. John is the author of last year’s, “The Most Dangerous Man in America: Rush Limbaugh’s Assault on Reason” (Thomas Dunne Books).
- live from San Francisco, Kate O’Donnell said ‘Thank You, Science!’
- live in-studio, Michael Roper, the proprietor of Hopleaf, 5148 North Clark, talked beer
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth
Producing this weekend’s show were Theron Hummiston, Spencer ‘Thunderball’ Thayer and Richard Norwood.