5 days ago
Podcast for Saturday, September 19, 2009 Shows
- Thomas Frank is a regular columnist for the Wall Street Journal. Tom’s latest book is “The Wrecking Crew: How Conservatives Rule” (Metropolitan Books). Tom’s earlier book, “What The Matter With Kansas,” has been made into a documentary. Joe Winston, the director of the new film, joined us live in-studio.
Show times through Thursday, are 6:15 PM and 8:15 PM.
- Glen Ford, executive editor of the Black Agenda Report will discuss his latest writing including, “The Van Jones Affair: An ‘Unfriendly Environment; for Progressives at the White House,” and “Black is Back! A Coalition to Fight the Powers that Be – Including Obama.”
- Andy Kroll is a writer and a staffer at Mother Jones. Andy’s most recent article is “Obama vs. the Lobbyists: A Scorecard for the Future of American Politics.”
- Tom Mucha, formerly of Crains Chicago Business and CNN, is now a writer at GlobalPost. Tom’s most recent work is entitled, “World of Trouble: Is the Nightmare Over?,” a survey from 20 countries on where the world economy currently stands.
- Conn Hallinan is a columnist for Foreign Policy In Focus. Conn’s most recent piece is headlined, “Afghanistan: What Are These People Thinking?“
Jeff Dorchen delivers a Moment of Truth.