Podcast for Saturday, September 15, 2007
By Chuck Mertz in Shows with 0 comment Tags: Brian Beutler, Elvis DeMorrow, Jeff Dorchen, John Tirman, McKenzie Funk, Paul Craig Roberts, Stan Cox, Trita Parsi
- Trita Parsi, author of "Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States" (Yale Press). Trita’s recent writing also includes this week’s Op-Ed in The Hill, "Fund Bridges, not Failed Policy."
Parsi is president of the National Iranian American Council (http://www.niacouncil.org).
- Stan Cox returnrf to This is Hell to tell us about his latest article, "Big Houses Are Not Green: America’s McMansion Problem." Stan worked in the Agricultural Research Service of the USDA in Manhattan, Kansas, as a wheat geneticist 1984-1996. He then went on to teach high school in Hyderabad, India, from 1996 til 2000 when he joined the Land Institute (http://www.landinstitute.org) as a senior research scientist. He is currently a plant breeder and writer in Salina, Kansas.
- John Tirman is Executive Director of MIT’s Center for International Studies (http://web.mit.edu/CIS/). . He is co-editor and co-author of "Multilateralism Under Challenge? Power, International Order, and Structural Change" (United Nations University Press). He wrote this week’s article, "Is the Foreign Policy Process Working?"
- Paul Craig Roberts who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration and is now a regular contributor to Counterpunch returned t This is Hell to discuss his latest article, "Who Are the Fanatics?"
- Harper’s contributing editor McKenzie Funk told us about his cover article in the September issue, "Cold Rush: The coming fight for the melting North" from the top deck of the Healy icebreaker somewhere off the coast of Alaska.
- Brian Beutler is the Washington correspondent for the Media Consortium (http://www.consortiumnews.com). His most recent articles include, "Crocker’s Fuzzy Economics" and "The Coming Battle Over FISA."
Our irregular correspondents included:
- Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth.
- Elvis DeMorrow told you why the Konspiracy Korner’s tinfoil hat has been on fire of late.