2 years ago
Podcast for Saturday, March 25, 2006 Shows
- Beth Pyles of the Christian Peacemaker Team gave us her eyewitness account of what she recently saw in Iraq. Beth spent four of the last eight months in Iraq. She just returned from her latest trip on Tuesday and was particularly involved in working with Palestinians whom she reports are being targeted by death squads in Iraq.
- Janet Larsen, director of research at the Earth Policy Institute (http://www.earthpolicy.org) told us about "Bottled Water: Pouring Resources Down the Drain,"and other controversies circling around this week’s World Water Forum including what Janet called, "stealth privatization."
- Catherine Austin Fitts, who just wrote a six-part series for the Narco News Bulletin (http://narconews.com/), "Dillon, Read & Co. Inc. and the Aristocracy of Prison Profits," which covered everything including money laundering, drug trafficking, rigged stock market riches, massive mortgage fraud in HUD related to Iran-Contra, graft, intimidation and a financial coup d’etat. Catherine has been a Wall Street executive, a government official, and president of her own investment bank and financial software firm, having designed and closed over $25 billion of transactions to date. She has supervised cleanup of approximately $300 billion of troubled mortgage insurance and mortgage fraud and related S&L, BCCI, Iran-Contra and black budget scandals
- Elizabeth de la Vega, a former federal prosecutor with more than twenty years of experience. During her tenure, she was a member of the Organized Crime Strike Force and Chief of the San Jose Branch of the US Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California. We’ll talk with Betsy about her writing in including a piece that appeared at TomDispatch.com and The Nation entitled, "The White House Criminal Conspiracy."
- Penny Norlander is one of the Anti Minutemen 5, five protesters who were arrested after chanting pro-immigration slogans outside of a Minutemen meeting in Arlington Heights, Illinois.