2 years ago
Podcast for Saturday, March 18, 2006 Shows
- Sheldon Drobny is co-founder of Air America Radio and author of "Road to Air America: Breaking the Right Wing Stranglehold on Our Nation’s Air Waves" (Select Books). This week, in response to George Clooney’s HuffingtonPost piece, "I’m A Liberal. There I Said It," Sheldon wrote, "It’s All About Money, Mr. Clooney," at the same web site.
- Pete Rafle, senior director for advocacy communications a The Wilderness Society, will tell us about this week’s disastrous oil spill on Alaska’s North Slope and a provision that was passed in last night’s budget bill allowing for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Charon Asetoyer, founder and executive director of the Native American Women’s Health Education Resource Center, a grassroots women’s health institute on the Yankton Dakota Reservation in South Dakota. An internationally recognized leader in women’s health issues. On March 6th, South Dakota Governor Mike Rounds signed into law a bill banning all abortion.
- Alheli Herrera, youth organizer at the Illinois Commission for Immigrant and Refugee Rights will tell us all about last week’s protests that took over the street’s of Chicago’s West Loop last Friday, the notorious Sensenbrenner bill (HR 4437), and her work on the ‘Dream Act’ which will helps immigrants’ children who have grown up in the US to become citizens.
- unembedded journalist Dahr Jamail returns to This is Hell. Dahr spent a total of eight months in occupied Iraq as one of only a few independent US journalists in-country.