11 months ago
Podcast for Saturday, March 1, 2008 Shows
- James Livingston teaches history at Rutgers. He’s finishing a book called “The World Turned Inside Out: American Thought and Culture at the End of the 20th Century. He blogs at politicsandletters.com. This week, he wrote the article, “Clintonites Need to Realize the Left Won the Debates of the 1960s” at the History News Network web site.
- Eric Umansky writes for Mother Jones and his article, “Department of Pre-Crime,” is in the March/April issue. In the story, Eric discusses, “Locking up Americans for thinking bad thoughts. Catching ‘terrorists’ by encouraging terrorist acts. Sound like sci-fi? Welcome to the Bush administration’s ‘strategic overinclusiveness’ trap.” Eric has written for Slate, Washington Post, New York Times Magazine and New Republic. He also blogs at ericumansky.com
- David Leigh has been working with Rob Evans at The Guardian on ‘The BAE Files.’ BAE is Europe’s biggest arms company, while they deny any allegations they have engaged in large-scale corruption to sell arms overseas, David and Rob have published documents and other evidence gathered from around the world that dispute BAE’s assertion.
David is the Guardian’s investigations editor and a professor of reporting at City University in London. He was also a producer at the acclaimed TV investigative program, “World in Action.”
- Diana Johnstone is the author of “Fools’ Crusade: Yugoslavia, NATO and Western Delusion” (Monthly Review Press). Last week, she wrote the story, “NATO’s Kosovo Colony.” She is the European correspondent for In These Times.
This week’s irregular correspondents were:
- Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth … the original Moment of Truth, since 1997 …
- John Wilson is founder of collegefreedom.org, and writes his blog at http://collegefreedom.blogspot.com. He is also author of “Patriotic Correctness: Academic Freedom and Its Enemies” and “Barack Obama: This Improbable Quest,” (Paradigm Publishers).
- and Mike Dvorak gave us his first ‘The Wind Blows’ report since last October.