9 months ago
Podcast for Saturday, July 7, 2007 Shows
- Jeremy Leaming talked with us about his article, "Christian Reconstructionists Are Trying to Take Dominion in America — and They Have Powerful Friends." Jeremy is a communications associate for Americans United for Separation of Church and State (http://www.au.org/site/PageServer).
- Phil Mazzocco is co-author of "The Cost of Being Black: White Americans’ Perceptions and the Question of Reparations." Phil has a PhD in Social Psychology. Phil’s research at the Ohio State University focuses on the factors that underlie racial attitudes, and especially racial policy attitudes.
- we spoke with writer Ramzy Baroud (http://www.ramzybaroud.net) about his recent writing, "The Palestinian Left: A Lost Opportunity," and "Finding Lessons in Gaza’s Bloodshed." Ramzy is a Palestinian-American author and editor of PalestineChronicle.com. His latest book is "The Second Palestinian Intifada: A Chronicle of a People’s Struggle" (Pluto Press).
- Linda Brayer is an Israeli human rights lawyer who represented Palestinians in the Israeli High Court of Justice for twelve years. Lynda wrote the Counterpunch piece, "Norman Finkelstein and the Catholic Church." Norman was on our program back in 2005.
- research director S. Derek Turner told us about the study his group, Free Press, has done with the Center for American Progress, “The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio." The report shows how the right wing’s grip on the airwaves is because of a failed market, not a cultural revolution.
And our irregular correspondents were:
- Nicholas Hale read his ‘Fool Britannia’ live from Bristol …
- Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth.