7 days ago
Podcast for July 30, 2011 Shows
Yesterday, Saturday, July 30, This is Hell! aired a live four hour broadcast beginning at 9AM (US central time) over the air on WNUR 89.3FM, Chicago’s Sound Experiment, streaming and podcast here.
This weekend, your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed:
- Muhammad Idrees Ahmad is a Glasgow-based sociologist, born in Chitral in Pakistan’s North-west Frontier, and raised in Abbottabad and Peshawar. Muhammad is the co-editor of PULSE, a collaborative political weblog. He is also a free lance writer for Al Jazeera where his recent writing includes, “Gunboats and gurkhas in the American Imperium,” “The Virtue-less war of the ‘Nintendo bomber’,” and “The magical realism of body counts.”
- Devin Burghart is vice president of the Institute for Research & Education on Human Rights. This week, Devin wrote the piece “Norway Terror Suspect Described as Far-Right Nationalist Islamophobe.” Burghart has toured Norway on speaking and fact-finding missions about the far-right.
- historian William Blum is the author of, most recently, “Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War 2.” Bill’s msot recent writing includes, “Arguing Libya.”
Our irregular correspondents this week were:
- live from Haiti, Danny Muller issued a Wasted Energy Report
- live from Dublin, Will Lynch talked Ireland’s new secularism
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth