1 month ago
Episode 683: February 18th, 2012 Shows
This is Hell! aired a live and completely uninterrupted and unedited four hour show, every Saturday, beginning at 9 AM (US central) on Chicago’s Sound Experiment WNUR 89.3 FM.
On Episode 683: February 18th, 2012…
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed:
- Emmy-nominated economics editor at BBC’s Newsnight, Paul Mason. Paul has twice been shortlisted for the Orwell Prize, Britain’s most prestigious prize for political writing. He is the author of, “Meltdown: The End of the Age of Greed” (Verso). Paul’s new book is, “Why It’s Kicking Off Everywhere: The New Global Revolutions” (Verso). Follow him on Twitter @paulmasonnews
- Charles Mann is the author of, “1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created” (Knopf). Charles is the recipient of writing awards from the American Bar Association, the American Institute of Physics, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and the Lannan Foundation. His 2006 book, “1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus “(Vintage) won the National Academies Communications Award for best book of the year.
- Marwan Bishara is Al Jazeera English’s senior political analyst and the editor and host of “Empire”, a program on the channel that examines global powers and their agendas. Marwan was previously a professor of International Relations at the American University of Paris and a fellow at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes et Sciences Sociales. He is also the chairman of The Galilee Foundation, a UK based charity that provides over one hundred students annually with university scholarships. he is the author of the new book, “Invisible Arab: The Promise and Peril of the Arab Revolutions” (Nation Books).
- Ian Morris is the Jean and Rebecca Willard Professor in Classics and History at Stanford University. Ian is the author of, “Why the West Rules – For Now: The Patterns of History and What They Reveal About the Future” (Farrar, Strauss, Giroux).
Our irregular correspondents were…
- live from Dublin, Will Lynch
- live from Baltimore, ‘The Radical Pessimist’ Kevan Harris who will describe, “NIMBY Nationalism: Then and Now“