4 days ago
Podcast for Saturday, August 27th 2011 Shows
Yesterday, Saturday, August 27, This is Hell! aired a live, completely uninterrupted and unedited, four hour broadcast at 9AM (US central time) on Chicago’s Sound Expermient, WNUR 89.3 FM, streaming live and now podcast shortly here.
Your bitter blind broke gap-toothed radio show host Chuck Mertz interviewed:
- Michael Lind is Policy Director of New America’s Economic Growth Program. He is a co-founder of the New America Foundation and was the first New America fellow. His most recent book is a collection of poetry entitled, “Parallel Lives” (Etruscan Press). His latest non-fiction book is, “The American Way of Strategy: U.S. Foreign Policy and The American Way of Life” (Oxford University Press). Michael’s on to discuss his writing at The Financial Times this week, “The Intellectual Collapse of Left and Right.” We also hope to talk with Michael about other columns he’s posted since his last appearance on This is Hell! back in January, including “Niall Ferguson and the Brain-Dead American Right.”
- Trevor Aaronson is a 2010-11 Investigative Reporting Fellow at the University of California, Berkeley, where he developed a yearlong project about the FBI’s informants in US Muslim communities. Trevor is also associate director and co-founder of the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting, a nonprofit journalism organization that produces reporting about Florida and Latin America in English and Spanish. His work has won more than two dozen national and regional awards, including from the Livingston Awards, awarded for journalistic excellence by reporters under 35 years old, Society of Professional Journalists and Association of Alternative Newsweeklies. His work, “The Informants: The FBI has built a massive network of spies to prevent another domestic attack. But are they busting terrorist plots—or leading them?,” is the cover story in the September/October Mother Jones.
Our irregular correspondents were:
- live from Puerto Rico, ‘Our Man in San Juan’ Dave Buchen
- live from the hermetically sealed clean rooms at URL Labs, LaddieO.com gave a web, tech and/or science report
- live in-studio, John K. Wilson, author of, “The Most Dangerous Man in America: Rush Limbaugh’s Assault on Reason” (Thomas Dunne Books). John is also the founder of the Institute for College Freedom.
- live from Los Angeles, Jeff Dorchen delivered a Moment of Truth